Hope Properties South West understands that people with a learning disability have different wants and needs when it comes to their home.
The supported living approach adopted by Hope Properties ensures that people can make choices about their home, personal support and take control of their lives. Our starting point is always the individual; enabling them to choose where, how and with whom they wish to live with.
Our work includes:
- Providing high quality rented housing tailored to meet an individual’s specific needs across Torbay, Kingskerswell and Newton Abbot.
- Providing specialist landlord services to tenants.
- Overseeing the maintenance of our properties.
- Providing a 24 hour emergency and emergency repairs helpline.
- Giving our tenants the opportunity to have a say and get involved in the services we provide.
Living in a supported living property typically involves three main elements;
Will be paid to your landlord for the sole use of your individual room, plus shared communal space in your home. This will be on an assured short hold tenancy for 6 months with a yearly rent review. This can be funded from Housing Benefit or Privately according to your means.
Cover maintenance, insurances, gardening, equipment repair and renewal and is payable to BJS Property Management for the upkeep of the premises.
Service charges are not compulsory.
Is paid to your chosen care provider a Registered Agency or person of your choice. If you already have a pre-existing provider, they can continue this for you. Staying in a Supported Living property is not dependent on receiving personal care, and you can choose to cancel the care contract without jeopardising your tenancy. The costs vary according to the provider. This can be funded by Social Services via a Direct Payment, a Personal Budget or Privately.
Although Living with Support is not dependent on receiving personal care.
At Hope Properties South West we:
- Put people at the heart of everything that we do.
- Seek continuous improvement in the quality of housing that we provide and the delivery of our service.
- Appreciate all of our Tenants and recognise their needs.
- Use our resources in the most efficient and effective way.
- Are always open and honest and do whatever we say that we will do.
- Treat every Tenant with respect and act on their feedback.